i48CE FeaturesThis ultralightweight option is a popular choice for the Porsche & BMW enthusiasts that are looking for the lightest option for a street/track car in a simple, drop-in replacement saving you 35 pounds. This model has been in the Porsche GT3 Cup championship cars in Germany & Canada, along with IMSA GTD cars. When compared to the Porsche OE lithium battery, you get double the cranking power, 50% more capacity, 3 pounds lighter and a 3 year warranty. The I48CS is the model of choice for those who want higher capacity closer to the stock battery, but still save over half the weight. This is a popular model in the endurance race cars.
Braille Lithium delivers a higher, cleaner voltage which improves the performance of every electrical component and has shown to provide: quicker starting, improved management & data logging performance, less horsepower draw from the alternator due to efficient charging (5 times faster than lead), will last 3-5 times longer (especially under the harshest environments), much more reliable, all of this on top of the significant weight savings. To get all these benefits in one simple step makes it a very cost effective upgrade!!
Intensity Carbon Features View More
Braille Lithium delivers a higher, cleaner voltage which improves the performance of every electrical component and has shown to provide:
• Quicker starting (a full volt higher than lead and less voltage drop during cranking)
• Improved engine management & data logging performance (more stable voltage)
• Less horsepower draw from the alternator due to efficient charging (5 times faster than lead),
• Lasts 3-5 times longer (especially under the harshest environments),
• Much more reliable (less than 1% failure rate)
• Significant weight savings. (up to 1/4 the weight)
• Don’t self-discharge, so if the battery is disconnected (no draw or via power disconnect switch), they can sit for over a year+ and still maintain over 13 volts to start the vehicle.
To get all these benefits in one simple step makes it a very cost effective upgrade!!
It is due to these reasons that Braille Lithium is currently being used in every Indycar & Indy Lights car (new in 2015), every car in the DTM (Audi/BMW/Mercedes), SuperGT (Nissan/Honda/Lexus/Subaru) and Australian V8 Supercar (Volvo, Nissan, Mercedes, Holden, Ford) series, nearly every car in the IMSA series (factory Corvettes, Vipers, Ferrari, Porsche, BMW), Formula 1 and top teams in NASCAR, drag racing, off-road, Rally (all Olsbergs cars), along with the Porsche GT3 Cup champions in Germany & Canada and so on. Race Winning Lithium Technology Designed for the Enthusiast and the Professional. Tremendous Weight Savings, Original Equipment Replacement Sizing and Superior Starting. Excellent Off-Season Storage Performance. Brass Terminals, and High Amp Design.
*Marine Sealing is available and required for batteries used in marine or other applications where unit may be exposed to water directly (light mist or spray), as lithium batteries are not intended to be exposed to any water unless marine sealed, which makes the more water resistance, but not “waterproof”. (additional cost, varies by lithium model)
** PbEq equals Lead-Acid Equivalent also known as LAH Lithium-Amp-Hours. This means that a 72 LAH PbEq (24AH) Lithium Iron Phosphate battery could perform the same near as a 72 AH Lead-acid battery under a high rate discharge in comparison.
- BCI Group 48
- Weight10lbs / 4.5kg
- Length11" / 279mm
- Width6.8" / 173mm
- Height5.5" / 140mm
- Polarity Right Side Positive
- Voltage 12
- Full Charge Voltage 13.8
- Pulse Cranking Amps (PCA) 1340
- Amp Hour (AH) 25
- Lithium Amp Hour (LAH) 75
- Life Cycle @ 10% DOD 5000
- Lithium Warranty & Conditions